Message from Head, Office of the President
The Office of the President at Hawassa University (HU) is run by a head where his/her major task is overseeing the activities of the various directorates and offices accountable to HU President. The Head is responsible to organize and facilitate university-wide general meetings and events including board meetings of HU and annual graduation ceremonies.
Besides, liaising between HU and external organizations and institutes, and acting as a spokesperson representing HU in an official of capacity, working closely with the four Vice presidents' for the success of HU Mission and Vision are some among other core responsibilities and duties of the Office of the President.
As an office entrusted to monitor the day-to-day administrative issues and activities on behalf of the President of HU, it works closely with different directorates and offices to ensure the effective implementation of annual plans together with an evaluation of their performance periodically.
Offices and directorates accountable to the office of the President include:
- Planning and Institutional Transformation Directorate
- Legal Service Directorate
- Audit Directorate
- Finance and Budget Directorate
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Coordination Office
- Women, Children, Youth and HIV/AIDS Directorate
- Office of External Relations and Communications (OERC)
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement Directorate
- Institute of Policy and Development Studies
- HU's FM 97.7 Radio Station